Information about OM & OM113
Before the starting signal goes off at 06:45 a.m. for the OsstseeMan and at 09:30 a.m. for the OM113, all athletes gather at Glücksburg’s beach promenade. The mass start (beach start) takes place in front of the promenade in Glücksburg. The swim is clockwise on a 1.9 kilometer long rectangular course. While participants of the half distance competition leave the water after one round, participants of the long distance competition have to face the waves of the sea on a second lap. All athletes must swim to the left of the marker buoys.
The start is not just a special moment for triathletes. The specators will also be spellbound by the unique atmosphere on the Baltic Sea beach. Water, wind and waves give everyone goose bumps and make the athletes`adrenaline palpable. The fastest swim times for the long distance are usually under 50 minutes, and under 30 minutes for the half distance.
Out of the sea and into your cycling shoes: Across the beach, past the grandstands, it goes along Kirstenstrasse to the transition area. Leaving the transistion area on the left side, it goes onto the bike course, which is peppered with small climbs and descents. All participants can rely on support during the entire competition, as there will be many enthusiastic spectators along the course, providing an additional boost in motivation while cheering for the athletes loudly.
The bike kilometers have been completed. In the transition area the athletes slip from their cycling shoes into their running shoes. On the running course, the enthusiasm of the spectators becomes even more noticeable, as they celebrate and encourage their sporty heroes with lots of applause. The chosen running course in and around Glücksburg are one of the most beautiful routes in Germany. While the OM113 distance comprises three laps, while six laps must be completed for the OM. The middle distance-Zippels-running-course initially leads together with the long distance course for about two kilometers across the promenade along the water towards the city center.
The course splits at kilometer 4.2. The long distance participants run straight ahead towards Petersenallee, through the castle garden towards Prinz-Fr.-Ferd.-Damm. The middle distance participants turn right onto Collenburgstraße, then right again onto Jungfernstieg/Forstweg towards castle lake. Passing the castle and returning onto the m long distance course at kilometer 5 towards the finish line.
The absolute highlight is the finish line at the beach promenade and Kurpark. The winners and all other athletes will be greeted by the crowd with much applause until the official OstseeMan finish line closes at 10:00 p.m. (OM113 closes at 07:30 p.m.). Thanks tot he short distances to the individual sections of all disciplines and the centrally located transition area directly at the beach promenade / Kurpark, specators have the opportunity to experience the competition up close at many points and to cheer on their personal favorites.
• Bike drop off is scheduled for Saturday, July 31st, 2021, from 02:30 p.m. to 06:00 p.m.
• The Transition area will be closed at 06:30 a.m. on the day of the competition for
the long distance and at 09:00 a.m. for the middle distance and will only reopen at
the start of the competition.
Special details for relays:
• Each relay receives one transponder for timekeeping, which also serves as a baton.
• When changing from swimming to cycling, the transponder will be handed over to the cyclist in the relay change area.
• When changing from cycling to running, the transponder will be handed over to the runner in the relay change area.
As in previous years, the OstseeMan Triathlon invites you to the „OstseeMan Seabattalion Competition“ in Glückburg. Members of the German armed forces and the allied armed forces can compete in the M-Challenge over the long distance (3.8 kilometers Swim, 180 kilometers Bike und 42.195 kilometers Run). The „Military Competition“ is evaluated as an independet competition within the OstseeMan Triathlon event in Glücksburg. The first three men and women of the overall ranking are rated.
The overall organization is the responsibility of the OstseeMan team, which is responsible for the regulation of all organizational matters.
OstseeMan-Sportpromotion UG (limited liability),
OstseeMan Women’s Run powered by LBS
Repeatedly this year, the OSTSEEMAN women’s run power by LBS will again be a true spectacle on Saturday.
On Saturday, July 31st, 2021, the women’s run over 5.5 kilometers will start at 04:30 p.m. on the promenade at pier level. The running course is part of the original OstseeMan-running course. There is no official timekeeping. Ladies of all ages are inivited to participate – every woman from young to older is welcome to join the run.
The women’s run is about having fun and enjoying running. The entry fee of 5 EURO will support a social project in the region.
The youngest will also be at the start again on the OstseeMan-weekend – for the twelfth time already. Our youngsters in triathlon will take on the course at the Glückselig OstseeKids-competition on Saturday, July 31st, 2021. Start is scheduled for 02:00 p.m. at the beach promenade. Kids between six and twelve years of age can join, participation is free of charge.
Of course, the OstseeKids competition is all about fun. The youngest will be celebrated as the grown-ups when passing through the finish tower, because they too deserve the applause. Parents and spectators will once again ensure an unforgettable atmosphere. The company Glück in Sicht – Glücksburg Schwennau was won as the main sponsor of this year’s event. The TriAs-Flensburg e.V. Triathlon association is the organizer of the OstseeKids competition.
Distances by age group:
6 – 8 years: 75 meters Swim, 400 meters Run (blue group)
9 – 10 years: 150 meters Swim, 800 meters Run (white group)
11 – 12 years: 200 meters Swim, 1.200 meters Run (red group)
Prizes: T-Shirt, medal and certificate for all participating kids.
Swim: The Glückselig OstseeKids-competition starts at the beach promenade (beach start). The swim will be parallel to the shore, Glücksburg’s DLRG take care of the swimmers’ safety. Parents have the opportunity to accompany their children.
Run: The run will be on the promenade by the water. Based on the age group, 400 meters, 800 meters of 1200 meters will be covered. The turning points are marked by colored hats. At the end, the Kids will run through the finish tower just like a grown-up OstseeMan or OstseeeWoman.
Relaxed arrival on the day of the competition
In ordert o allow for a stress-free arrival before and on the day of the competition, we have created a map with an overview for athletes and spectators. It includes all important information on road closures, parking spaces and bus shuttles. As there is only a limited number of parking spaces available, which may be mainly used by athletes, we kindly ask spectators to use our regularly running bus shuttles.
On the day of the competition, the area can only be reached via Uferstraße.
Complete closure of the city center on Sunday, August 1st, 2021, between 06:00 a.m. and 05:30 p.m..
Corner of Castle park (Schlosspark)
Parking for athletes:
For participants of the OstseeMan and OM113, free parking spaces are available near the start/finish area (approximately 800 m „P1“). From here, that triathlon park, the start/finish area and the transistion area are in walking distance.
Into the city / inbound
From B200, take the south exit, towards Kappeln / Glücksburg. Continue on the „Osttangente“ (B199) towards the intersection „Engelsby“, (Famila) detour U1 turn left onto „Schottweg“ towards „Twedter Plack“. Turn right detour U1 in the direction of Glücksburg / Holnis.
Outbound: Direction towards B199 via Flensburger Straße, Glücksburger Chaussee, to B199.
Bus-Shuttle between Flensburg and Glücksburg on Sunday, Agust 1st, 2021, from 04:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., running every 25-30 minutes.
The shuttle stops:
Schottweg (Famila), Twedter Plack (Sky Markt), Alter Meierhof, Uferstr. (Glücksburg ZOB turning point)
P + R Parking spaces
Wees (Aldi), Flens Arena,
Please use this service to get to the competition courses as quickly and easily as possible.
Accomodations between Flensburg Fjord and Schlei
Glücksburg and iits beautiful surroundings are always worth a visit. An early arrival is worthwhile for both athletes and spectators in order to explore the surroundings calmly before the competition. The ancient port and fjord city of Flensburg, as well as the peninsula Angeln, which extends as far as the Schlei, offer numerous places of interest, appealing restaurants and lots of nature, of course, as well as various overnight accomodations.
Please contact the local tourist information offices for further information:
Notes and rules for the competition
1. The participants and drivers of official escort vehicles have to strictly oberve the road traffic regulations (StVO) – especially the right-hand driving law (Obligation to drive on the right side of the road at all times, except for passing others, where passing is allowed) – during the competition.
2. The organizer is obliged to take participants and escort vehicles out of the competition if the StVO or the orders of the police are violated grossly or repeatedly, if requested by the police.
3. The following are considered as gross traffic violations:
• Violation of the right-hand driving law (Obligation to drive on the right side of the road at all times, except for passing others, where passing is allowed)
• unadapted speeding with endangerment
• otherwise reproachable gross endangerment or damage.
4. The drawing of lines and characters on the roadway, on traffic signs, on trees, posts, masts and the like is not permitted.
5. With the starting documents the participants receive: Pasta-Party-Ticket, Chip for timekeeping (your own chip if necessary), Swimming cap, Start number (Bike & Run), Bike Frame Start number, clothes bag, latest important information.
6. Free parking spaces are available for participants of the OstseeMan competition near the start and finish area (approx. 800 m walking distance).
• It is compulsory to wear the swimming caps issued by the organizer. Wetsuits can be worn when the water temperature is between 16 and 23.9°C.
• Only boats of the rescue services and competition officials are allowed on the swim course on the day of the competition.
• Drafting as well as constant riding next to each other is prohibited and can lead to disqualification. The distance to the person in front must be at least twelve meters.
• Each participant must wear a cycling-specific helmet with a closed chin strap, the structure of which complies with the regulations of a recognized testing institute.
• It is mandatory to wear upper body clothing. The start number must be worn on the back of the jersey.
• Bikes must be equipped with the frame start numbers. Brake levers must be pointed backwards.
• Coaches, family and friends are not permitted to accompany participants on the course.
• It is mandatory to wear upper body clothing. The start number must be worn on the front of the jersey.
• Each participant is responsible for recording their own intermediate times and final times. The time recording device required for timekeeping must be worn during the competition in accordance with the organizer’s requirements.
• The instructions of the competition management, the doctors and the emergency services must be followed.
• Won material- and honorary prizes that are not picked up on the day of the award ceremony are forfeited. Protests can only be submitted in writing with a deposit of 50 Euros.
Data changes for participants
Your address details have changed or you would like to make another change to your registration with the Flensburger Pilsener OstseeMan? Please use our online service and notify us of any changes direclty via e-mail. Send your change requests birefly and informally to firstname.lastname@example.org. For identification purposes please list your first and last name as well as the association/club you are starting for. Alternativley, you can add the registration or start number, if available. A change of your registration costs 30 Euros flat and is possible until Juy 4th, 2021. Later changes can solely be requested on site in the actual competition weekend.
We have put together the most important information in ordert o facilitate the preparations for a comprehensive press coverage of the OstseeMan in Glücksburg. We need an request for accreditation, further details can be found in the corresponding form. The accreditation takes place upon presentation fo a valid press ID. Unfortunately, we cannot issue accreditations without a prior request for application. A press conference will be held prior tot he event. Accredited media representatives will automatically receive detailed information on date, time and location of the press conference. Please find the form to request accreditation here for download.
here you will find the answers to frequently asked questions. If this does not answer your question, simply contact us personally.
Please find our FAQs here.
In order to make the Sport Expo even more attractive this year, we moved the stands of the exhibitors even further into the center of the event space. Offerings include sports wear, sproting goods, sporting accessories and services for athletes.
Sport Expo opening times:
Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 07:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Information for potential exhibitors:
Exhibitors are given the opportunity to present themselves and their offerings on our website free of chagre, including a link to their own website. In addition, there is also the option of presenting yourself and your offerings on site using banners, flags and announcements during the moderation. Each exhbitor also receives a guaranteed and free exhibitor parking space in the immediate vicinity of the exhibition site and free entry to the Pasta-Party.
The costs per square meter of exhibition space in the indoor and outdoor area amount to 60 EURO plus VAT. The price refers to floor space. The entire area is guarded at night by a security company. It is optionally possible to give out product information together with the starting documents directly to the athletes, at a price of 0.15 Euros per item plus VAT.
The document needs to be filled in completely and signed and submitted via fax (+49 (0) 46 31 / 40 69 43) or scanned and sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Questions and further information:
OstseeMan-Sportpromotion UG (limited liability)
Phone: +49 (0) 46 31 / 6 21 91